Aquamarine Acid Dye
Aquamarine - Acid dye
Pick from either 20g or 100g tub.
This dye is suitable for all protein fibres (wool/silk/animal fibres/ nylon).
** Please note that the dye colour will turn out slightly on different fibres. Colour may not show true on screens/ monitors - please keep this in mind when ordering. Sample of yarn pictured dyed with this dye is dyed to a 1% strength solution.**
1. Add 1 litre of water per 100g of fibre to a pot.
2. Form a dye solution in aidfferent container by adding the dye powder to boiling water (approx. 30ml)
3. Place fibre/yarn in warm water (35-40 degrees celsius) in the pot to pre-heat the yarn making it pliable.
4. Add in the dye solution to pot, ensuring it is stirred thoroughly.
5. Add in 1/4 cup of citric acid to the pot and stir.
6. Raise temperature slowly till the water and yarn is a simmering boil.
7. Gently stir frequently for 30 minutes.
8. Remove pot from heat and rinse fibre/yarn under cold water, allow to dry.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes serious eye irritation.
May cause sensitisation by inhalation or skin contact.
Wear protective gloves, clothing, eye protection, & face protection when handling. Thoroughly wash hands, face, & skin after handling.
Wash with plenty of soap and water after skin contact. Flush eyes cautiously with water for several minutes after eye contact. (Remove contact lenses if present). If skin or eye irritation persists, get medical attention. If swallowed, dilute with water and get medical advice/attention immediately. If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If breathing is difficult, get medical attention immediately.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN